Welcome to the Kelowna Riding Club!
THE KELOWNA RIDING CLUB WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE TRANSITION THROUGH THIS PERIOD!
Check out the Kelowna Riding Club Spring Classic Hunter Jumper Show on Global Okanagan! “Kelowna horseback riding show draws hundreds” – click the link below to see article and video. http://globalnews.ca/news/1958095/kelowna-horseback-riding-show-draws-hundreds/
The Kelowna Riding Club is a non-profit facility run by volunteers. We welcome all new members, whether you are a rider in any discipline or a horse lover (non-riding memberships are available). We are not a boarding or teaching facility, rather we are a gathering place for equestrian sports. Members are welcome to use the four rings at our 10 acre facility to exercise and train their horses. We also welcome coaches to come and provide lesson programs on site. We hope you will consider becoming a member of this Kelowna institution! The club is officially in its 50s but has been in existence since the early part of last century – perhaps as early as 1898!
Did you know the Kelowna Riding Club is available for rent for your horse show, clinic or even non-horsey event? You can rent the entire facility or just one ring, or just the clubhouse. Please see the Facility Rental tab at the top of the page for more info. Click on the link for 2014 Dressage Festival photos and championship results. Check out photos of the 2014 Spring Classic Hunter Jumper show here. Please check out all of our wonderful sponsors on our Sposors/Links page. We wish to extend a huge thank you to all of our sponsors, please support them as they have supported us!
The Kelowna Riding Club wishes to extend a huge thank you to Prairie Coast Equipment for providing us with an awesome lease on an affordable John Deere tractor for the Club! Now Tony can get out there and get our rings in tip top shape in Green & Yellow Style! Prairie Coast even offers an “Equine Discount Program” to support the equine industry – check out the Prairie Coast website for more info.
Click here to view our Newsletters.
KRC 2016 Event Schedule
- April 2 & 3 – Spring Cleanup – 9am-2pm both days
- April 9, 2016 Pub Night Fundraiser at Mission Tap House Pub
- April 16-17 Jay Hayes Clinic hosted by K&S Elite, in Hunter Ring
- May 6-8, 2016: Spring Dressage Festival – contact Ashton 250-862-0516 for information and sponsorship opportunities
- **CANCELLED** May 9-10 Axel Steiner FEI 5* (retired) Clinic
- May 13-15 Equi-Life Spring Fever Hunter Jumper Show Contact Lindsay 250-870-8883 2016 Equi-Life Spring Fever HJ
- July 11 – 12 Cheryl Keith jumping clinic – Equi-Life – Hunter Ring only Contact Lindsay 250-870-8883
- July 30-31 Pony Club Championships – Clubhouse and Main Jumper Ring booked, Hunter and Dressage rings will be open to Members
- August 12-14 Equi-Life Summer Sizzler Hunter Jumper Show Contact Lindsay 250-870-8883
- October 7-9 Equi-Life Harvest Hunter Jumper Show Contact Lindsay 250-870-8883
- October 15-16, 2016: Fall Dressage Show Contact Ashton 250-862-0516
- October 18th, Saturday, Fall Cleanup 10:00 am – 4:00 pm contact Tracy Avery 250-212-3402
- Annual General Meeting ~ Saturday, November 15th, 6:00 pm
Are you interested in Dressage? Check out the information on Dressage BC by clicking the Dressage BC Membership Poster and Dressage BC Brochure 2014. Visit our Contact Page for the current Board of Directors list, and please feel free to contact us at any time. If you notice any problems or mistakes on our KRC website, or have submissions or ideas of what you’d like to see on the site, please contact us. Follow us on Facebook to get up to date information on happenings at the KRC! Thank you to Onsite Digital Photography for providing some fantastic pictures for our website.