Welcome to the Kelowna Riding Club!
Congratulations to our 2014 Volunteer of the Year, Mark Prevost! Mark was instrumental in helping out the club with grounds and ring maintenance this summer and fall. Thank you Mark for helping to keep the rings in fabulous condition!
We also wish to congratulate our 2014 Carol Schellenberg Memorial Sportsmanship Award recipient, Tatjana Gjesdal! Thank you to Lynda Ramsay for presenting this special award to Tatjana. Tatjana exhibits exemplary sportsmanship qualities and is an inspiration and role model to our up and coming young riders. Way to go Tatjana! Tatjana received a plaque and has had her name engraved on the large trophy on display at the clubhouse.
The Volunteer and Sportsmanship Awards were presented at our 2014 AGM on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
With two directors stepping down, two new ones were appointed being Darryl Ramsay and Kate Mincey. Welcome to the Board, Darryl and Kate! We look forward to working with you in 2015!
In addition to the AGM, we also had a potluck, door prizes, year-end awards and silent auction. We had a free membership draw which was won by KRC member Lynne Arbuthnot.
A special appreciation was presented to Dwayne from Prairie Coast Equipment/John Deere for providing the club with a tractor at a very reasonable rate and we look forward to continuing this great relationship in 2015.
Thank you so much to all our sponsors who support us throughout the year and provided us with silent auction items to help our club fundraise. Sponsors include: Prairie Coast Equipment; Diamond H Tack; Greenhawk Kelowna; Kelowna Flightcraft; Day Orchards; Lynne Arbuthnot; Susanne Zimmerman ~ thanks to all!
It was also announced that we have completed the upgrades to the caretaker’s trailer and we welcomed our new caretaker, Joan Gibson. Welcome Joan!
Be sure to join us for an Equestrian Christmas Fair at the clubhouse on Saturday, December 13th! This mainly equestrian-themed fair will include tack boutiques, local crafters and artists as well as a quality used tack and clothing sale. Contact Lindsay Kern-Legroulx for more information.
~ stay safe and in the tack ~
Check out photos of the 2014 Spring Classic Hunter Jumper show here.
Please check out all of our wonderful sponsors on our Sposors/Links page. We wish to extend a huge thank you to all of our sponsors, please support them as they have supported us!
The Kelowna Riding Club wishes to extend a huge thank you to Prairie Coast Equipment for providing us with an awesome lease on an affordable John Deere tractor for the Club! Now Tony can get out there and get our rings in tip top shape in Green & Yellow Style! Prairie Coast even offers an “Equine Discount Program” to support the equine industry – check out the Prairie Coast website for more info.
Click here to view our Newsletters.
Did you know the Kelowna Riding Club is available for rent for your horse show, clinic or even non-horsey event? You can rent the entire facility or just one ring, or just the clubhouse. Please see the Facility Rental tab at the top of the page for more info.
The Kelowna Riding Club is a non-profit facility run by volunteers. We welcome all new members, whether you are a rider in any discipline or a horse lover (non-riding memberships are available). We are not a boarding or teaching facility, rather we are a gathering place for equestrian sports. Members are welcome to use the four rings at our 10 acre facility to exercise and train their horses. We also welcome coaches to come and provide lesson programs on site. We hope you will consider becoming a member of this Kelowna institution! The club is officially in its 50s but has been in existence since the early part of last century – perhaps as early as 1898!
KRC 2014 Event Schedule
- April 23-27, 2014: KRC Hunter/Jumper Spring Classic.
Contact our 2014 show chair, Lindsay Kern-LeGroulx for sponsorship and/or event information. Rocky Mountain Show Jumping’s Caroline Jones will be managing KRC’s premiere event once again. Warm-up rounds on Wednesday, April 23rd. Show runs from Thursday, April 24th to Sunday, April 27th.
- KRC Spring Classic Prizelist 2014
- KRC Spring Classic Entry Form 2014
- 2013 KRC Hunter/Jumper Spring Classic in photos 2013 Sponsors
Link to Onsite Digital Photography’s gallery
- May 2-4: Doug Mills Clinic – Doug Mills Training Thru Trust Horsemanship Clinic. Click on Doug’s name to check out his website or contact Sarah for more information.
- Doug Mills May 2-4 2014
- Doug Mills Clinic Info
- May 10-11 Spring Fever HJ Show Spring Fever 2014 PDF
- May 12-16: Eiren Crawford Dressage Clinic - contact Ashton
- Click the Eiren may link for more info
- May 17-18: KRC Dressage Festival – contact show manager Cindy Foster for information and sponsorship opportunities
- May 25: Dressage Schooling Show, contact Lynda Ramsay
- July 1-15 Eiren Crawford Dressage Lessons contact Ashton
- July 27-30: KRC Adult Camp CANCELLED
- Please contact Ashton if you are interested in attending in August
- August 9-10 Equi-Life Jumper Challenge show, Jumper Challenge Aug 9-10 2014 contact Lindsay
- August 30-31: John Turner Jumping Clinic contact Lindsay
- September 12 & 13, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Painting Party, contact Lindsay – also possible painting party September 28th
- October 11-12 Harvest Hunter Show Harvest Hunter 2014 Prizelist PDF contact Lindsay
- October 18th, Saturday, Fall Cleanup (if raining will move to Sunday, October 19th), 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, contact Tracey
- Annual General Meeting ~ Saturday, November 8th, 6:00 pm, potluck and silent auction, be sure to come and vote in your 2015 Directors!
- Equestrian Christmas Fair, Saturday, December 13th, contact Lindsay.
Visit our Contact Page for the current Board of Directors list, and please feel free to contact us at any time. If you notice any problems or mistakes on our KRC website, or have submissions or ideas of what you’d like to see on the site, please contact us.
Send us an email and we will add you to the newsletter list.
Thank you to Onsite Digital Photography for providing some fantastic pictures for our website.