Welcome to the Kelowna Riding Club!
KRC MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE:
**The sprinklers will be blown out Friday, October 31st between 8:00 and 9:00 am and will take a few hours – please adjust your ride times accordingly**
KRC Fall Update
Keeping you in the loop…
Volunteer Opportunities – if you still need to complete your 6 hours of volunteer time for the club, please contact Tracey Green. There are many ways you can complete your hours before the end of November. We are looking for volunteers to help with the AGM by setting up, gathering items for and running the silent auction and looking after year end awards.
If you have already completed your hours, be sure to let Tracey know!
If you are able to help the club out with grounds and clubhouse maintenance for your volunteer hours, please contact Tracey Green, Volunteer Coordinator.
Also note, we are looking for people to head the 2015 Dressage Show and help with the organizing of the Spring Classic Hunter Jumper Show – please contact us if you can help. There are jobs that need to be completed now and will count toward your 2014 volunteer hours.
Happy fall riding ~ stay safe and in the tack ~
Please note: We regret to inform Adult Camp has been cancelled due to lack of participants.
Check out photos of the 2014 Spring Classic Hunter Jumper show here.
Please check out all of our wonderful sponsors on our Sposors/Links page. We wish to extend a huge thank you to all of our sponsors, please support them as they have supported us!
Members please note: the sprinkler system has been started up for the season. Regular sprinkler times for the season will be: 6:00 am, 12:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
The Kelowna Riding Club wishes to extend a huge thank you to Prairie Coast Equipment for providing us with an awesome lease on an affordable John Deere tractor for the Club! Now Tony can get out there and get our rings in tip top shape in Green & Yellow Style! Prairie Coast even offers an “Equine Discount Program” to support the equine industry – check out the Prairie Coast website for more info.
Click here to view our Newsletters.
Did you know the Kelowna Riding Club is available for rent for your horse show, clinic or even non-horsey event? You can rent the entire facility or just one ring, or just the clubhouse. Please see the Facility Rental tab at the top of the page for more info.
The Kelowna Riding Club is a non-profit facility run by volunteers. We welcome all new members, whether you are a rider in any discipline or a horse lover (non-riding memberships are available). We are not a boarding or teaching facility, rather we are a gathering place for equestrian sports. Members are welcome to use the four rings at our 10 acre facility to exercise and train their horses. We also welcome coaches to come and provide lesson programs on site. We hope you will consider becoming a member of this Kelowna institution! The club is officially in its 50s but has been in existence since the early part of last century – perhaps as early as 1898!
KRC 2014 Event Schedule
- April 23-27, 2014: KRC Hunter/Jumper Spring Classic.
Contact our 2014 show chair, Lindsay Kern-LeGroulx for sponsorship and/or event information. Rocky Mountain Show Jumping’s Caroline Jones will be managing KRC’s premiere event once again. Warm-up rounds on Wednesday, April 23rd. Show runs from Thursday, April 24th to Sunday, April 27th.
- KRC Spring Classic Prizelist 2014
- KRC Spring Classic Entry Form 2014
- 2013 KRC Hunter/Jumper Spring Classic in photos 2013 Sponsors
Link to Onsite Digital Photography’s gallery
- May 2-4: Doug Mills Clinic – Doug Mills Training Thru Trust Horsemanship Clinic. Click on Doug’s name to check out his website or contact Sarah for more information.
- Doug Mills May 2-4 2014
- Doug Mills Clinic Info
- May 10-11 Spring Fever HJ Show Spring Fever 2014 PDF
- May 12-16: Eiren Crawford Dressage Clinic - contact Ashton
- Click the Eiren may link for more info
- May 17-18: KRC Dressage Festival – contact show manager Cindy Foster for information and sponsorship opportunities
- May 25: Dressage Schooling Show, contact Lynda Ramsay
- July 1-15 Eiren Crawford Dressage Lessons contact Ashton
- July 27-30: KRC Adult Camp CANCELLED
- Please contact Ashton if you are interested in attending in August
- August 9-10 Equi-Life Jumper Challenge show, Jumper Challenge Aug 9-10 2014 contact Lindsay
- August 30-31: John Turner Jumping Clinic contact Lindsay
- September 12 & 13, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Painting Party, contact Lindsay – also possible painting party September 28th
- October 11-12 Harvest Hunter Show Harvest Hunter 2014 Prizelist PDF contact Lindsay
- October 18th, Saturday, Fall Cleanup (if raining will move to Sunday, October 19th), 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, contact Tracey
- Annual General Meeting ~ Saturday, November 8th, 6:00 pm, potluck and silent auction, be sure to come and vote in your 2015 Directors!
Visit our Contact Page for the current Board of Directors list, and please feel free to contact us at any time. If you notice any problems or mistakes on our KRC website, or have submissions or ideas of what you’d like to see on the site, please contact us.
Send us an email and we will add you to the newsletter list.
Thank you to Onsite Digital Photography for providing some fantastic pictures for our website.